The KWO will award a scholarship (the “Scholarship”) to a young woman (the “Applicant”) who meets the following criteria:
- resides in Killingworth, CT
- will graduate from public or private high school in the spring of 2022
- intends to attend college/university in the fall of 2022
The KWO reserves the right to award more than one scholarship if there are several outstanding Applicants.
The Scholarship(s) will be awarded at the sole discretion of the KWO Scholarship Committee (the “Scholarship Committee”) based on the following criteria:
- Community Service
- Content of essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Scholastic Achievement (GPA)
- TYPED application and essay
Letters of recommendations should be mailed to
KWO ATTN: SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
PO Box 952
Killingworth CT 06419
The recipient of the Scholarship will be notified in June 2022. A presentation will be made to the recipient of the scholarship at the senior awards ceremony held at the high school. The amount of the award shall be applied to the applicant’s second semester of tuition.