The KWO will award a scholarship (the “Scholarship”) to a young woman (the “Applicant”) who meets the following criteria:
- resides in Killingworth, CT
- will graduate from public or private high school in the spring of 2021
- intends to attend college/university in the fall of 2021
The KWO reserves the right to award more than one scholarship if there are several outstanding Applicants.
The Scholarship(s) will be awarded at the sole discretion of the KWO Scholarship Committee (the “Scholarship Committee”) based on the following criteria:
- Community Service
- Content of essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Scholastic Achievement (GPA)
- TYPED application and essay
The recipient of the Scholarship will be notified in June 2021. A presentation will be made to the recipient of the scholarship at the senior awards ceremony held at the high school. The KWO will issue a check to the winning Applicant’s college/university prior to the start of the applicant’s first semester of her freshman year. The amount of the award shall be applied to the applicant’s first semester of tuition.